Let's talk about cardboard Christmas houses and accessories

Visit our Contributors' Pages:
Visit Family Christmas Online Visit Howard Lamey's own web page, LittleGlitterHouses.com Click to Sign Up for Maria Cudequest's Collectibles Blog
Visit Family Christmas Online Click to visit Papa Ted's Place - the ultimate cardboard Christmas house resource. Click to return to the Old Christmas Tree Lights Table of Contents Page

Note: To ask a question, sign up for our "Christmas Times" newsletter, or learn how
to apply for membership to this forum, please visit our Contact page.

Note: All content on this forum is Copyright (c) 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 by Paul D. Race
and by the posters who have contributed specific content. All material is for your personal use only. No content
or plans may be republished or sold, nor may any plans be used to make products to sell without prior written
permission from Paul D. Race and the individual who contributed the content or plan in question.
For permissions or questions about this policy, please contact us using our Contact page.
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:16 pm 
Site Admin

Stunning as always, Harold!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:23 pm 

Ok, here are my two witch's lair variations. I love this pattern because it makes such a cool looking house. My edges are always more "rustic" than Howard's but my houses are always more rustic and less polished. I guess that has to be called my style. I will be making more of these houses. I think it also lends itself to a candy house that looks like gingerbread as a Christmas house. Anyway, here they are - one is a regular house and one is made to hang on the wall like a clock.

Attachments:
Witch's lair clock close-up.jpg
Witch's lair clock close-up.jpg [ 19.61 KiB | Viewed 13172 times ]
Witch's lair clock moon and ghosts.jpg
Witch's lair clock moon and ghosts.jpg [ 11.37 KiB | Viewed 13172 times ]
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:28 pm 

Here is the regular Witch's Lair house, the clock Witch's lair is posted in the previous note. I really need to make the witch flattie because it needs a little something more - a little more life to it.

Thank you, Howard, for sharing your patterns so generously. One important thing I learned from your pattern is how to keep the house more square with the flap on the roof. It really helps.

Lucy

Attachments:
Witch's lair side.jpg
Witch's lair side.jpg [ 20.46 KiB | Viewed 13172 times ]
Witch's lair front.jpg
Witch's lair front.jpg [ 19.97 KiB | Viewed 13172 times ]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:22 am 

Lucy...

Thank you for building "your style" of the witches' lair!...it's a good feeling to see the patterns used...and...yes...we all develop our own style...

You mentioned making a "flattie"...how about something along the lines of hansel and gretel?...or little red riding hood?...I did a google image search and found lots of ideas...

My very best regards...Howard...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:30 am 

Hi Lucy these look great I love all of your special touches, you have a great style along with a great imagination! !

I am working on a witches lair and hope to share it once the witch is done. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:15 pm 

Lucy, I also enjoy your 'style.' Copying a pattern exactly is the easy part - personalizing with your own special touches adds life to a house.
Lynn - looking forward to seeing your house too.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:22 pm 

Here's my version of Howard's witches lair and witch flattie. This was a fun project. I added a small plastic cat but maybe a flattie cat should be a new project :)
Howard thanks for sharing your patterns for the house and flattie!

Attachments:
witches lair house 2.jpg
witches lair house 2.jpg [ 128.86 KiB | Viewed 13129 times ]
witches lair house 1.jpg
witches lair house 1.jpg [ 92.83 KiB | Viewed 13129 times ]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 1:07 am 

Lynn,
When I saw your name under this section of the board, I was thinking, "Oh boy, she has finished the Witch's Lair house." And you did!! It is beautiful and so colorful. I love the ghost in the window. That is a great touch. And you made the torches. And then, the piece de resistance - the witch flattie. It is a wonderful, wonderful Halloween house.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:57 am 

YES, YES, YES!...this how it's supposed to work!...a basic pattern...different builders...each adding their own touches...no two alike!...

Lynn...really like the bright colors, too!...they shout Halloween...I especially like the cat you added...it's the perfect piece to balance off the witch flattie...isn't making all those small, intricate detail cuts need to make a flattie fun?...(big smile goes here)...some may not call it fun...but I do!...

My very best regards...Howard...

PS...the side window details are excellent!...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:27 am 

Thank you both, believe me when I say you made my day! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next