Let's talk about cardboard Christmas houses and accessories

Visit our Contributors' Pages:
Visit Family Christmas Online Visit Howard Lamey's own web page, LittleGlitterHouses.com Click to Sign Up for Maria Cudequest's Collectibles Blog
Visit Family Christmas Online Click to visit Papa Ted's Place - the ultimate cardboard Christmas house resource. Click to return to the Old Christmas Tree Lights Table of Contents Page

Note: To ask a question, sign up for our "Christmas Times" newsletter, or learn how
to apply for membership to this forum, please visit our Contact page.

Note: All content on this forum is Copyright (c) 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 by Paul D. Race
and by the posters who have contributed specific content. All material is for your personal use only. No content
or plans may be republished or sold, nor may any plans be used to make products to sell without prior written
permission from Paul D. Race and the individual who contributed the content or plan in question.
For permissions or questions about this policy, please contact us using our Contact page.
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:44 pm 

maria wrote:
I love it in green!

Just wait until you see the other colors of bricks Paul has made available! :D
Howard

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:03 am 

I love this green and white. My old school colors. I may just have to make this one. Thank you Howard.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:15 am 
I love the stone! It looks amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:37 pm 

update...3-6-2020...

greetings to all...

here is the "ten cent city" red brick printie...house three in the series of printies...go here for the graphics for the red bricks...
https://bigindoortrains.com/indoor_resources/tinplate_textures/walls/brick_wall_standard_gauge.pdf
the pattern for the house is in the PDF below...stay tuned...there are more brick printies to come...

howard...

Attachments:
red brick printie 2020 finished 004-001.JPG
red brick printie 2020 finished 004-001.JPG [ 162.98 KiB | Viewed 12123 times ]
ten cent city red brick printie pattern.pdf [23.44 KiB]
Downloaded 720 times

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:55 am 

It's another cutie Howard. I have the first one almost finished...have to get back to it and get er' done!
Thank you Howard for all your sharing and encouraging us to keep on building. I do have to ask...how do you get such a smooth finish on the sand?? :roll: I'm getting a distinct dislike for the stuff...I'm having a heck of a time with it...and...no matter how hard I try to contain it, I always have a gritty work surface. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:51 pm 

Jeanne wrote:
It's another cutie Howard. I have the first one almost finished...have to get back to it and get er' done!
Thank you Howard for all your sharing and encouraging us to keep on building. I do have to ask...how do you get such a smooth finish on the sand?? :roll: I'm getting a distinct dislike for the stuff...I'm having a heck of a time with it...and...no matter how hard I try to contain it, I always have a gritty work surface. :lol:

Oh, you’re not the only one who has...and still have...issues with the outcome of sand application...I get less than perfect results...so do fret too much...

I’ve used various grits of sand...and found I get better results with fine grit sand vs large grit sand...I only apply to one surface at a time...I personally like Elmer's Glue All white glue thinned only a tiny amount of water...I know some forum members use Modge Podge (spelling?) instead of white glue...but I haven’t tried it myself....

Howard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:12 pm 

Hi, i have tried the modge podge and i found it to really help.

Sorry i forgot who gave us this tip....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:51 pm 

As for the sand..I just bought a finer grit and it is working better Howard, and Lucy I have been using the Mod Podge but I'm going to try the Elmer's Glue All next for comparison.

And....here is the flagstone without the base or tree. I could not get good lighting in the house so I took the picture outside...

Jeanne

Attachments:
Ten cent flagstone.jpg
Ten cent flagstone.jpg [ 33.87 KiB | Viewed 11972 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:54 pm 

AND...the Green Brickie. I had a problem with the printing, for some reason it printed in two alternating colors of green. Gave it a different look than Howard's.

Attachments:
Ten cent Greenie.jpg
Ten cent Greenie.jpg [ 31.3 KiB | Viewed 11972 times ]
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:00 pm 

I also ran into problems with the red brick in printing. I don't think this is the same file that Howard used. I may have tried to print a brick pattern from another file. Well anyway....it's done, except for the base as usual. I am not in love with this one, I may try to make a new one with a different Brick pattern where the mortar is whiter and the bricks are smaller.

In my defense it was late.... :lol:

Attachments:
Ten Cent Brickie.jpg
Ten Cent Brickie.jpg [ 31.23 KiB | Viewed 11972 times ]
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 261 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 27  Next